Mechanical Engineer, Technical University - Sofia, 1985
- Master's degree in Applied Mathematics, Technical University - Sofia, 1986.
- Ph.D. on the treatment of materials by plastic deformation - TU - Sofia, 1991
- Assoc. professor of scientific specialty 02.01.02. "Materials Science and Technology" – University of Transport, 1997
- Doctor of Sciences " - University of Transport, 2014
- Professor at University of Transport of 5.6. Materials and Materials - 2015
Academic positions in the last five years
- Vice Chairman of the General Meeting at University of Transport "Todor Kableshkov "
- Head of system maintaining the quality of education and academic staff of the University of Transport "Todor Kableshkov"
- Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board at University "Todor Kableshkov"Main research area and subareas
Multi-decision in the field of materials science;Modeling and optimization of technological processes;Systems for decision support;Determination of effective solutions to quality indicators in the field of materials science
Additional research areas and subareas
Optimizing the composition and modeling the properties of alloys of iron base;Multi – criteria study the properties of alloys of titanium base;Study durability of films and coatings;Optimization of the parameters of the process of casting, plastic deformation.
Specializations abroad and international collaborations
He has participated in the cooperation between departments "TMPH" at University of Transport "Todor Kableshkov "and" TSMI "Welding Technology and Materials science" in MGUPS - Moscow;He organized first regional meeting / Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia / training of transport specialists, supported by the Stability Pact, 2001
Scientific awards and membership in scientific societies
Award Gold Medal of "Intellect Expo" - 1991Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the “trans & Motoauto” of 2015He is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal BULTRIB - ISSN 1313-9878 of 2012Vice Chairman of "Research projects 2020"Member of Int. Society on Multiple Criteria Decision MakingMember of Federation "Scientific and technical alliances"Member of Board NGO “Research projects for European and Atlantic Integration”
Name, used in publications in foreign language: Tontchev N. Nikolay TontchevН index (according to Scopus or Web of Science): 4Internet address with list of scientific publications (ResearcherID, Research gate, etc.):
Total number of scientific publications: 120From them with impact factor or impact rang: 1Number of citations of the scientific publications: 23Number of scientific publications in the last five years: 27From them with impact factor or impact rang: 1Number of citations of the scientific publications in the last five years: 23Selected scientific publications in the field of the research project
1. N.Tontchev, (2014) Materials Science, Effective solutions and Technological variants, LAMBERT AcademicPublishing, 142 p.2. N.Tontchev, Z. Cekerevac, (2014): Approach and Application in Multicriteria Decision Support in the Field ofMaterials Science. MEST Journal, (MEST) 2, no. 118-29.3. N.Tontchev , M. Ivanov, (2014): Modeling and Optimization of the Composition of Iron – Based Alloys ByApproximation with Neural Models and Genetic Optimization Algorithm, FBIM Transactions,15, 2(1), pp.1-12.4. N.Tontchev N., Y. Kalev, (2013): On the Formation of Expert Knowledge in the Metalworking TechnologyCost, International virtual journal for science, technics and innovations for the industry, Machines,Technologies, Materials, VII, Issues 10, pp. 77 – 80.5. N.Tontchev , Y. Kalev, (2013): Determing Influence of Alloying Elements on Properties of Alloys by RobustExperiment, MEST Journal, July, pp. 31 – 39.6. N.Tontchev , N. Hristov, (2013): Numerical Procedure to Determine the Optimal Composition of the Steel aSmall Volume Database with the Same Treatment, International virtual journal for science, technics andinnovations for the industry, Machines, Technologies, Materials, VII, Issues 11, pp. 54 – 57.7. N.Tontchev, Y. Kalev, (2013): Robust Bi-criteria Approach to Optimize the Composition and Properties ofAlloy Steels, Procceding of University of Transport, vol. 4.8. P. Koprinkova-Hristova, N.Tontchev, S. Popova, (2013): Two approaches to multi-criteria optimization of steel alloys for crankshafts production, Int. J. Reasoning–based Intelligent Systems, Vol. 5, № 2, 2013, pp. 96 – 103.9. N.Tontchev, (2012): Effective solutions to the processing of metallic materials on iron bases, Publishing house of University of Transport “Todor Kableshkov”, Sofia, (in Bulgarian).10. N.Tontchev , P. Koprinkova-Hristova, Popova, (2012): S., On the ability to predict the properties of advisedhight streght steels at cost alloying, Procceding of Faculty „National Security and Defense“, pp. 222- 230(in Bulgarian).11. P. Koprinkova-Hristova , N.Tontchev, (2012), Echo State Networks for Multi-dimensional Data Clustering,Artificial Neural Networks and Machine Learning–ICANN `12, pp. 571-57812. N. Tontchev ,Y. Kalev, (2014), Robust Bi – Criteria Approach to Optimaze the Composition and Propertiesof Titanium – Based Alloys, “Machines Technologies, Materials” pp.26-30, issue 12/2014.13. N. Tontchev, Y. Kalev, R. Lazarova, (2014), Modeling and Optimization of the Properties and Compositionof Titanium – Based Alloys, “Machines Technologies, Materials” pp.16-19, issue 11/2014.14. M. Ivanov , N. Tontchev, (2014), Investigation of Mechanical Properties of Titanium Alloys Based onGenetic Optimization and Pareto Front, “Machines, Technologies, Materials” pp.24-30, issue 11/2014.15. M. Ivanov, N. Tontchev, (2014), Software Model for Selection of the Appropriate Chemical Composition ofTitanium Alloys Under Defines Requirements for Mechanical Characteristics, “Machines, Technologies,Materials” pp.26-30, issue 11/2014.16. Y. Lukarski , S. Popov, N. Tontchev, P. Koprinkova- Hristova, S. Popova, (2011), An design of newbrands of martenzite steels by artificial neural networks, International Scientific Conference, AdvancedMaterials and Technologies, pp. 54-59., UgalMat`11.
E-mail address for registration in the database of the Bulgarian National Science Fund
Participation in projects supported by BNSF in the last five yearsCompetition (type and year): 2010Number and date of the contract: DDVUTitle: Modeling and optimization of the properties of the composition of iron-based alloysProject coordinator: prof. N.TontchevStatus of the project: completedEvaluation of the project implementation (for completed projects): Very good evaluationParticipation in projects supported by other sources in the last five yearsFinancing organization: University of TransportType of the competition and year: 2011Number or acronym of the project: 1242Title: Creating a stand-impact abrasionProject coordinator: prof. N.TontchevStatus of the project: completed